Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peixesloucos

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Brussels
Hi, my system is up-to-date. When I try to logout Safari (10.0.1) ends up with the rainbow and do not quit. I need to ask for a force quit each time.
Any one having the same issue?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I'm assuming your attempts to "log out" are attempts to Quit the application. What method(s) for doing this have you used?

peixesloucos

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Brussels
I'm assuming your attempts to "log out" are attempts to Quit the application. What method(s) for doing this have you used?
I do few options:

1. cmd+Q
2. I use alfred and type the relevant code "quit safari"
3. If I do not do anything and just try to logout from my macbook pro (shift+cmd+Q) without closing any applications including safari

With all it just makes safari unresponsive. I wonder if this could be relating to any extension, I do not use many.

Or perhaps I need to reboot the macbook pro.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
I have this quite a lot ever since the first Sierra beta. More often then not Safari will not quit normally and a force quit is needed.

peixesloucos

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Brussels
I have not had this problem in Sierra. Have you tried removing your extensions to see if it's better?
I tried removing the extensions did not work but a restart of my macbook pro helped.
Not sure why this happened but now the problem is solved!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.