Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Honeybat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2019
Sacramento
Reaching out on a limb here, I'm not tech savy in the least. SOS!

I'm presently running Mac OS X 10.14.6
I was using my Macbook Air just fine earlier today, took a nap, cooked dinner, then came back to my device to find that I keep getting a pop-up when I try to open Safari that says "Safari quit unexpectedly" it gives me the option to view the details which I don't know how to read because it's SO much information and my eyes glaze over. On the slight chance that someone may be able to disect this information I will go ahead and just screenshot the "problems detail and configuration" bit. I can't open it up to even use the little tabs at the top of the screen that are suppose to come up. It just instantly loads the Unexpectedly Quit screen and I have 0 idea how to mend this without having to recover my system back to a certain date.

P.s I don't know if this helps, but I tried to make a alternative account on my device to see if Safari would open on a different user account, but it would not work on the new one either, so I assume this is an across the board system issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.51.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.51.50 PM.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 477

Anand_74

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2020

I was using my Macbook Air just fine earlier today, took a nap, cooked dinner, then came back to my device to find that I keep getting a pop-up when I try to open Safari that says "Safari quit unexpectedly" it gives me the option to view the details which I don't know how to read because it's SO much information and my eyes glaze over. On the slight chance that someone may be able to disect this information I will go ahead and just screenshot the "problems detail and configuration" bit. I can't open it up to even use the little tabs at the top of the screen that are suppose to come up. It just instantly loads the Unexpectedly Quit screen and I have 0 idea how to mend this without having to recover my system back to a certain date.

P.s I don't know if this helps, but I tried to make a alternative account on my device to see if Safari would open on a different user account, but it would not work on the new one either, so I assume this is an across the board system issue.

Hi,

Kindly no need to panic and I have found a way out for my Mac and its working.

Suggestion:

1. Plz do not listen to any other suggestions
2. Kindly do not uninstall your safari

What to do next:

1. Visit apple application forum
2. Download latest Safari version which is released and available first time ever
3. Install it - watch the magic Ur Crashed safari starts working immediate . If you need further support kindly do not hesitate to mail me : anand.bp1972@gmail.com

Good Luck and God bless

avz

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia

Hi,
Looks like your macOS and Safari needs updating through Software Update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.