Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guyguy17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
I have a Mac running Catalina and Safari running 13.1.2. I like using Reader View to save articles or tutorials to read them later on. Also, to use it as a reference point.

Usually, I am going to Apples own support sites (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201519) to use Reader View and save the information on my computer.

I have tried this both ways... Export as PDF and Save as a PDF both of which formatting is off. Another words, images and text will run on to the next page. When I go to Adobe Reader or Preview to view the document if there is an image followed by sentences then everything gets push down and sentences run on to the next page.

How do I fix it?

Toine Hekman

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2020
I reproduced it; It is a bug in the first place. But there is a workaround:

- Open in Reader View
- Select whole text to copy
- Open Pages
- Paste
- Do some formatting and adjustments (fontsize)
- Export to a PDF file.

guyguy17

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and not very helpful. It is kind of time consuming to open each one and modify it.

This time I tried using High Sierra and the same Safari version. The outcome is the same as using Catalina and Safari.

I agree it might be a bug with Safari and/or MacOS. However, if I use my iPad running 12.4.6 then the documents come out fine. Everything is formatted correctly and obviously I am using a different Safari version.

I think I will continue to use my iPad.

Thanks.

Toine Hekman

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and not very helpful. It is kind of time consuming to open each one and modify it.

This time I tried using High Sierra and the same Safari version. The outcome is the same as using Catalina and Safari.

I agree it might be a bug with Safari and/or MacOS. However, if I use my iPad running 12.4.6 then the documents come out fine. Everything is formatted correctly and obviously I am using a different Safari version.

I think I will continue to use my iPad.

Thanks.

In that case I would open it in iBooks, in that way it becomes available on all your Apple devices, provided you use one iCloud account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.