Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frizers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
So weird issue I am having and haven't had any luck finding others with the problem:

When i use the safari search bar (using google search) whilst air playing from iTunes on the same Mac it causes the song to cut out for a few seconds until the results load. This does not happen if i search google from a google page, nor does it happen using the search bar within google chrome or firefox. The song appears to keep playing in iTunes whilst this happens.

On another related note, searches from the search bar in safari often take a few seconds to initiate which may be related? whereas if i go directly to a website, or google search from a google page it does not take more than a split second (100mb broadband speed...ish).

Any ideas would be great. I imagine Apple will simply tell me to wipe my computer which I would really like to avoid as it always seems to result in other random issues like this cropping up with the same advice of wiping it again.

Thanks!

Frizers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.