Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
I've been using Google Chrome for decades. But, in the past year or so, I have switched from Windows to Mac.
With that, I want to now start using Safari as my default browser.

I've tried a few times to fully switch to Safari. But, there has been one issue or another. Mainly certain websites not fully loading, and then there was the struggle to keep my links/favourites updated between my Mac and Windows computer.

Today I am once again trying Saferi, but, it seems rather slow loading websites. I talking the likes of Macrumors, MachE forums, and even the initial YouTube screen.

Any suggestions on what I should check, to see what is causing this?

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
Some more info might help the helpers 🙃: What version of macOS? Hardware? What kind of network connection? If, which adblockers? VPN? Are you referring to a comparison of Chromium vs. Safari on the same Mac?

Reactions: circatee

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Some more info might help the helpers : What version of macOS? Hardware? What kind of network connection? If, which adblockers? VPN? Are you referring to a comparison of Chromium vs. Safari on the same Mac?

You’re right, that would help…

Latest edition of macOS
Mac Mini M1, 8GB / 512GB
Network is a gigabit connection via AT&T
No VPN
Chrome install from Google.com directly (not sure what Chromium is exactly)

Minghold

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2022
The first thing I do with any new installation of the OS is throw Safari, News, and Mail right off the dock.

• Haha
Reactions: ignatius345
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.