Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doc69

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I have an account at bitcointalk.com that I haven't logged in to for a long time. A few days ago when I tried to log in, the following message was displayed:

"Your account is locked because it sat inactive for years after the password hashes were leaked in 2015, and was therefore at high risk of being hacked. Email react-vdnp8@theymos.e4ward.com to get it unlocked."

I have sent an email to the address above but have gotten no reply. So I'm thinking about creating a new account instead. However, my problem is that, every time I follow any link to any page at bitcpointalk.com in Safari, a white page with the above message is shown. So I can't access the website to create the account. I have deleted all Safari history as well as bookmarks from the site to no avail. If I go to bitcpointalk.com in another browser, everything is fine and the above message is not displayed. But I prefer to use Safari and want to know how to bypass this page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SOLVED:
I deleted the cookie for this website and then things worked again.
Preferences/Privacy/Manage Website Data/

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.