Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JessePinkman

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
Hi

im having some strange keychain problems ever since high sierra and i was troubleshooting checking logs in console and i noticed they are coming when safari is open there are lots of keychain activites in console log like keychain opened and transfering keychains and keychain reference mode in server etc

then i checked safari permissions via get info and noticed there's something strange with safari permissions...for example other default apps have 2nd everyone custom which is ACL permission but safari doesn't, there's only three permissions on safari which is highly suspicious like its a 3rd party app, the permissions on safari is the exact same with the 3rd party apps permissions...

could someone check safari permissions in high sierra via get info and share the results with me
i also tried reinstalling high sierra and updating combo 10.13.3 from apple.. it was same afterwards...
maybe this version in high sierra is compromised idk...

Last edited:

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 00.50.58.png

Here's what mine looks like. Sorry about the large image.

JessePinkman

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2018
thanks mate! this is strange indeed... i presume you are using 10.13.3 and safari 11.0.3..
i also tried removing safari and installing the one for macos sierra from apple the ACL permission custom appeared on the sierra version but some features weren't accessible like safari privacy preferences even though it fixed the custom permissions since it was for sierra its not very usable.

they are messing lots of things in high sierra i wouldn't be surprised if this is another security vulnerability in high sierra (aka backdoor)..
[doublepost=1519026449][/doublepost]have another problem with safari in high sierra i think it must be connected to the missing acl permission... when i close safari without quitting safari in-use indicator on the dock (little white dot) after some time, around 10 minutes inactivity is disappearing...

safari has serious problems in high sierra if any of you experience issues with keychains since high sierra or have this indicator dot under safari icon is disappearing problem, pls let me know..

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.