Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lamonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I'm fairly new to Macs and not sure how to setup my Bluetooth or WIFI for getting pictures transferred off on my CL65 to my imac. WIFI works fine for emailing the photos to myself and others but when I try and download them to my computer it finds the network but then just sits there.

Bluetooth doesn't seem to work at all even though I have it turned on.

Do any of you have this camera and can point me in the right direction? Thanks

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm pretty sure you can't transfer directly to your Mac through wifi. You have to plug it in via USB just like every other camera. I bet you can through bluetooth, but who would want to do that given the slow transfer speed?

Lamonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
After a little more research I found out that the Bluetooth is only good camera to phone. Still can't get that to work.

They have SD cards that will allow you to wifi to your computer from your camera so I figured this would do the same.
http://www.eye.fi/

gt1948

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
worrking?

After a little more research I found out that the Bluetooth is only good camera to phone. Still can't get that to work.

They have SD cards that will allow you to wifi to your computer from your camera so I figured this would do the same.
http://www.eye.fi/

Did you finaally get the picture transfer to work via BT/wifi?

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
If you're a Verizon customer, they have almost certainly disabled your phone's Bluetooth file transfer capability - so that could explain the inability to move files from your camera to your phone. Verizon disables most of the useful Bluetooth functionality on phones because they want you to use their extra cost services that do the same thing (and generally do it poorer).

As far as getting the photos onto your computer - Bluetooth is a standardized communications protocol, so unless the camera itself blocks pairing there should be a way to pull the files off via Bluetooth. It'll be ridiculously slow, but it should work. If you've paired your phone with your computer (using the Bluetooth settings under "System Preferences"), try launching the built-in app "Bluetooth Explorer" and then try to browse your device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.