Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
Anybody know information about the exact release date of this gorgeous point and shoot? Don't tell me September, because it's already well-known that it's supposed to come out in September. Thanks!

Daniel.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
I think I saw this camera at Wolf Camera and Circuit City...I might be wrong buy I could have sworn I saw it and I asked the sales people about it and they both said they were not very impressed.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
macdaddy121 said:
I think I saw this camera at Wolf Camera and Circuit City...I might be wrong buy I could have sworn I saw it and I asked the sales people about it and they both said they were not very impressed.
I believe the NV3 and NV10 are both available at retail stores already. I'm about 95% sure that's what you saw because those both look like they blow.

Daniel.

Cold.
NV3_02.jpg

Hot.
NV7_2-001.jpg

Cold.
nv10-2.jpg

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
You might be right. I remember when these were announced and I liked them a lot. I didn't go into details with the sales people because I was busy talking about lenses.

Why are two of them considered "Cold" in your post?

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
macdaddy121 said:
Why are two of them considered "Cold" in your post?
I feel as though the two I marked as "Cold" aren't really very functional and practical as cameras. Mainly for the reason that they have large megapixels, but pretty much no optical zoom, which in my opinion, means they're pretty worthless. The NV7, on the other hand, has a pretty nice balance with quite decent megapixels at 7.2 and an optical zoom of what I believe is 7. Either way, I'm really excited to see how the OPS technology (which I think only appears in the NV7 and NV10) performs. I find myself in a lot of low-light situations with a point and shoot, so hopefully this'll help keep everything steady. I'm also really excited for the auto-bracketing and text recognition features.

The only thing I wish the NV7 had would be the ability to turn a ring on the lens to do manual focus. Can't have everything in a point and shoot though, that's what the Samsung Pro815 is for. :)

Daniel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.