Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carpsafari

Suspended
Sep 13, 2015
the Netherlands
Seller does not indicate selling outside Germany, but in my experience, when you ask them, 90% will agree to ship!
You can ask, its so much cheaper.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012

Why is it better?

The seller the OP references in the first post indicates he will ship worldwide and he includes the statement:

Samsung SM951 PCIe 2.0 x4 M.2 SSD 256GB adapter incl.The SSD is ready to use in a Mac Pro 3,1 - 5,1 (2008-2012).We can install also the OS X of your choice on request. Read- and write speed up to 1500MB/s (PCIe Slot 3/4).

So the SM951 is indeed an AHCI device that will work in a cMP when mounted on a PCIe card and runs at full speed in PCIe slots 3 & 4. I see absolutely no issue here.

Lou

artoff

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Armenia
Thanks Guys . I wrote them and the answer is solved the problem"

"hello,

you are right. i corrected the part number. now its alright.

thanks"

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I would recommend buying from RamCity. They are an actual distributor (rather than a random eBay seller) and provide warranty for the drive. I met the CEO a couple of times while I worked at AnandTech and he's a super cool guy as well, and even has an account here.

Reactions: artoff

artoff

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Armenia
I would recommend buying from RamCity. They are an actual distributor (rather than a random eBay seller) and provide warranty for the drive. I met the CEO a couple of times while I worked at AnandTech and he's a super cool guy as well, and even has an account here.
planning to buy from them tomorrow! what about refurbished.? is it risky to buy refurbished item from ramcity?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
planning to buy from them tomorrow! what about refurbished.? is it risky to buy refurbished item from ramcity?

Refurbished is likely just a returned drive from someone who had an incompatible system. I got a couple of refurbs from them for testing and zero difference to new ones (these are OEM drives, so even new ones don't have fancy packaging).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.