Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hans3185

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
I've been working on Lightroom 2 for a while...and when I export my photos and upload them to Flickr, they seem less vibrant and saturated. Do you guys know why?

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I've been working on Lightroom 2 for a while...and when I export my photos and upload them to Flickr, they seem less vibrant and saturated. Do you guys know why?

It's probably color space - you're shooting in Adobe RGB, and the images aren't getting converted in software to sRGB before uploading to Flickr. Plus Flickr seems to do some odd things behind-the-scenes to your photo metadata. I've run into this myself.

One way to check is to look at them in Safari - unlike the other browsers, by default Safari manages color spaces correctly (yes Firefox 3 can do it, but it's off by default). If the images on Flickr look correct in Safari but less vibrant in Firefox/Opera/whatever, then it's color space.

troyhark

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
You need to make sure when exporting for web it's in sRGB colour space.
As the majorty of people viewing are using non-colour managed browsers, if you want your work to look its best sRGB is the way to go.
In PS when using Save For Web, this is why it automatically converts to sRGB for you. In CS3 + CS4 that is.
In LR's Export dialogue box, you need to choose the sRGB option and your problem should be sorted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.