Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Hi,

I subscribe to several podcasts like I Need R3hab. If I want to save each episode and add them to a playlist in my iTunes library would I just download the podcast, drag it into the playlist in my library, and chance the tag from "podcast" to "music"? Do I need to do anything else?

I found this guide... but not sure if it's for an older version of iTunes because it suggests I covert the ID3 tags, then drag the files to my desktop and re-add them?

Just want to make sure I am doing it the right way and the files are saved correctly.

Thanks!

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Curious, why would you want to change it from "podcast" to "music"? In your eyes, what's the benefit?

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Curious, why would you want to change it from "podcast" to "music"? In your eyes, what's the benefit?

Allows me the keep everything in the music app (right now to listen to a new episode have to look in the podcast app), and it allows me to change meta info... i.e. I always add the tracklist to the lyrics section.

Also most of the podcast by DJs I subscribe to used to have free downloads on soundcloud but then switched to iTunes, so I already have playlists for older episodes of the podcast and just want to keep adding to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.