Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johntomk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I'm looking for a high quality scanner to scan pictures to my computer. Are there any scanners specifically for photos? Any suggestions?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Is there any reason why you have to write in large bold font?

Epson photo scanners, a flat bed is affordable, not awesome like a drum scanner but serves other purposes and is acceptable quality.

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
Are you scanning prints or negatives? If you are scanning prints, then any decent flatbed will do a good job. If you are scanning negs, then you will want a dedicated negative scanner. I'm sure you'll get several suggestions depending on your budget if you need a negative scanner.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Most decent flatbed scanners will do a good job on prints today. You're better to get a dedicated scanner, rather than an all-in-one printer/scanner. Look at the Epsons, as mentioned.

Edit: Looks like I'm saying the same thing as others... but I walked away as I was writing my response, and didn't see the what zerozal had said... but obviously, I agree completely... :)

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Canons do a good job, and their software has a "multi-scan" option that lets you put several photos down on the glass and it will scan each one to its own file. Other scanners may also do this, but my experience is with Canon. A very nice feature that will speed up your scanning project greatly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.