Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msano1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2023
Hey All,

I'm about to pull my hair out and I need your help or suggestions! I have 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina Display running MacOS 12.6.2 and am having difficulty connecting it to a Sceptre 22" monitor. I have a HDMI cable running from the monitor to the HDMI port on the Mac, and no signal is being detected by the monitor. I know that the port and cable are good because the same Mac can connect to an Asus 27" display without issue. I have looked up various troubleshooting methods and nothing seems to work.. I have gone to "Display" under system preferences and "detect display", nothing happens. Tried different cables, nothing. Power cycled the monitors, nothing. Unplugged the monitors from the wall and held the power button down for 30 seconds, nothing.

Additionally, I connected a 2017 MBP (running MacOS 12.3) to his Sceptre monitor using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and it worked like a charm. I'm scratching my head at this one because these monitors work with the USB-C adapter on a machine running 12.3, but do not work with a direct HDMI connection running 12.6.2. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Is there something in the software that I'm missing that is not sending a signal to these specific monitors?

Thank you,
Your fellow Mac enthusiast

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.