Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imtoomuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
The iPhone XS Max is my first iPhone and I am loving it. I am a switcher.

I love being able to set DND until I leave a location by way of 3D touch. This is great for going to restaurants, movies, etc. I also use this feature for work. But instead of having to set it every morning I would like it to automatically recognize that I'm at work and automatically set my phone to Do Not Disturb when I arrive at this location. I do not want to rely on time. Is there a way to schedule reoccurring DND by location as described above? Thank you.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
Shortcuts allow you to get current location and to set DND, so maybe you can figure out how to do what you want.

You're still going to be running the shortcut by hand, so I'm not sure how much effort it would save you.

Reactions: imtoomuch

imtoomuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
Shortcuts allow you to get current location and to set DND, so maybe you can figure out how to do what you want.

You're still going to be running the shortcut by hand, so I'm not sure how much effort it would save you.

I did not realize you couldn't schedule Shortcuts to run automatically...

That's a huge bummer.

Also not having the simple option to schedule DND by location is a bummer.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
I did not realize you couldn't schedule Shortcuts to run automatically...
Even if you can somehow, you didn't want to base this on time, so would you just spam the shortcut all day?

I don't claim to be an expert, but I don't know of a way to make location-based DND any easier than doing it manually.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The iPhone XS Max is my first iPhone and I am loving it. I am a switcher.

I love being able to set DND until I leave a location by way of 3D touch. This is great for going to restaurants, movies, etc. I also use this feature for work. But instead of having to set it every morning I would like it to automatically recognize that I'm at work and automatically set my phone to Do Not Disturb when I arrive at this location. I do not want to rely on time. Is there a way to schedule reoccurring DND by location as described above? Thank you.
You need to suggest this functionality at https://bugreport.apple.com/
DND is woefully behind the competition and needs even more basic functionality. I mean, you can’t even schedule DND to have different times on different days of the week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.