Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photogeek21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
London
I post my news images to my Daily Mirror web page : http://www.mirrorphotographer.com
The photos seem darker on a colleagues pc. I use my Macbook pro to upload my images.
Is there a way to save a photo to look the same brightness on both pc and mac?

thanks in advance
James Vellacott

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
You need to change your display gamma on your Mac to match Windows.

Go to System Preferences - Display - Color - Calibrate...
Step through the calibration utility and change the gamma to 2.2 Television Gamma. Leave the other settings as they are.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
You really have to love the MR forum. Ask a not-so-trivial question as a newby, and get a decent solution in 23 minutes. I wish all forums were this helpful.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
That's why I post here often, the community here especially the digital photography section is great ^^, wish there is a photo critique section :(

apearlman

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
Red Hook, NY
Photo critique? Fredmiranda.com.

That's why I post here often, the community here especially the digital photography section is great ^^, wish there is a photo critique section :(

The best forums I've seen for photo critique (giving and receiving) are on fredmiranda.com. They are organized by subject matter (sports, people, landscapes, etc), people treat each other respectfully and have an awful lot of photo experience. I love it there. I'm going to visit right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.