Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I am curious to pick the brains of those folks that have taken the plunge and purchased some sort of colorimeter (or related device).

- What package did you buy? Are you happy with it?

- Have you stuck to the software that came with the device, or is there better third-party software that you prefer?

- What level of printer profiling have you done (assuming you're printing your images yourself).

Thanks for any help and information you can provide!

leumluath

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
I've used a borrowed Eye-One to profile an Epson 7600 and monitor. It did an excellent job, better than the supplied profiles.

Lately, I've been researching them to get one for myself. The Eye-One is still my preference. (Eye-One Proof, in my case, because I need CMYK press profiling.)

jlcharles

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Wenonah, NJ
I'm using a spyder2express($70ish). i like it. not a lot of customizations during the process, but you could always open up the apple display calibration to change those numbers.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I am curious to pick the brains of those folks that have taken the plunge and purchased some sort of colorimeter (or related device).

- What package did you buy? Are you happy with it?

- Have you stuck to the software that came with the device, or is there better third-party software that you prefer?

- What level of printer profiling have you done (assuming you're printing your images yourself).

Thanks for any help and information you can provide!

Spyder2 Pro, I'm happy, I've even profiled with a 3M polarizer over the screen and had acceptable (if not perfect) results.)

I'm really interested in that new wide-carriage HP printer that has a built-in spectrometer, if I go to doing my own prints it's about at the top of my list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.