Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onidbaz

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Hello everybody!
My name is Dino, posting from Stavanger, Norway.
The easiest way to explain content of this thread is to provide videos of how display gets misaligned when using different VoIP apps and Apple iOS Weather app at the same time.
I belive I encountered on this problem way back when I had iOS 8 and latter instaled iOS 9 versions on my iPhone 6 Plus. Now, since issue is still present with iOS 10.0.1 instaled on my iPhone 6 Plus, I decided to share this experience with MacRumors community.

Here are the videos of mentioned issue:
- FaceTime vs iOS Weather App:
- WhatsApp vs iOS Weather App:
- Viber vs iOS Weather App:

Also, link to Apple Support Communities forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7266234
where issue was also reported, but as you will see, without any success. I hope that will not be the case her at MacRumors forums.

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
If you made a clean install without backup and the issue still persists then I'd assume it's hardware related. There is nothing that can be done here. Contact Apple if you still have guarantee.

onidbaz

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
If you made a clean install without backup and the issue still persists then I'd assume it's hardware related. There is nothing that can be done here. Contact Apple if you still have guarantee.

Do you experience the same problem when using those apps simultaneously?

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Completely OT, but Stavanger Norway is GORGEOUS! Went there a few years back on a Disney Cruise, one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Jealous!

onidbaz

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Completely OT, but Stavanger Norway is GORGEOUS! Went there a few years back on a Disney Cruise, one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Jealous!
Haha.. well, thanx.. I guess!

Where did I say I have that issue? Just tryna help. :)
Hmmm.. I am not sure if I folow this and previous, original reply from you then. But thnx for your attempt to help me, I guess.
I also did not said you have this issue with your iPhone, but I am asking that to figure out if the same issue appears with other iPhone users.

For example, checked with Apple Premium Resseler shop personel.. issue appeared on their iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 5, both with iOS 10.0.1. Also, reported this issue when I had iOS 9 instaled to Apple directly, senior advisor advised that case will be forwarded to Apple engineers. Till then, no fix on horizon.

Reactions: DaveOP

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
So you know who else has this issue and so on. But I think you're overthinking this. Do what I recommended in my initial post. No one here can really solve your problem I guess.

onidbaz

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Thank you for your help.. I guess!
Now, if you do not mind, I would like to hear from other members their opinion and experience if there is any with this problem/issue.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem/issue and have done all possible and available troubleshooting to eliminate problem/issue but with no success?

GalFieri

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2016
California
Thank you for your help.. I guess!
Now, if you do not mind, I would like to hear from other members their opinion and experience if there is any with this problem/issue.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem/issue and have done all possible and available troubleshooting to eliminate problem/issue but with no success?
I have a lot of issues with this sort of thing while on calls with third party apps that don't properly support the call/recording bar, but I don't remember if I have issues with first party apps. I'll test it in a bit (currently updating to iOS 10.0.2) and I'll let you know!

(and... this wouldn't be a hardware issue. Dunno what Rok73 is on about)

I don't have quite the same alignment issues that you seem to have? But I do them to some degree, yes.

Last edited:

onidbaz

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 22, 2016
Great stuff, GalFieri! Thnx for the followup.

It seems to me that this is something that is present on everybody's iPhone and yet not so much users notice those screen/display misalignments while on call and multitasking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.