Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Hey,

I am new to mac, just shifted from windows.

Mine is a minor setting issue.

My screen is moving few cms to respective sides when the cursor touches the respective side of the monitor.

Im sure its a minor setting correction thats required.

As I am new to mac cant really figure it out and need the support of you mac experts.

rm5

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Seems like your monitor might be zoomed in just a hair. Try hitting Option + Cmd + 0 to reset the zoom. Otherwise, go to system preferences> Accessibility > Zoom and change the settings appropriately.

As I’m away from my desk now (working off my iPhone :) ), I am a little unsure of where the setting is on Ventura so that’s about all I can help ya with at the moment!

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Try hitting Option + Cmd + 0 to reset the zoom.
Option + Cmd + 8.

I am sure you have the correct diagnosis.

My screen is moving few cms to respective sides when the cursor touches the respective side of the monitor.
In Settings > Accessibility > Zoom you probably have something like this:

Capto_2023-03-26_14-47-50_.png

Note the keyboard shortcuts to zoom and, most importantly, the Zoom Style. We think you have Full Screen with the Advanced... setting having Zoomed image moves when Pointer Reaches Edge. I prefer Picture-in-Pircture.

"Accessibility" features can be a nightmare even for more experienced users. Very useful, but also very confusing at times. Use with care, only changing one or two things at a time.

Last edited:

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Option + Cmd + 8.

I am sure you have the correct diagnosis.

In Settings > Accessibility > Zoom you probably have something like this:

View attachment 2178823

Note the keyboard shortcuts to zoom and, most importantly, the Zoom Style. We think you have Full Screen with the Advanced... setting having Zoomed image moves when Pointer Reaches Edge. I prefer Picture-in-Pircture.

"Accessibility" features can be a nightmare even for more experienced users. Very useful, but also very confusing at times. Use with care, only changing one or two things at a time.
@gilby101 worked as smooth as butter. your diaganosis was mint. Thank you so very much! Appreciate your support!

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Seems like your monitor might be zoomed in just a hair. Try hitting Option + Cmd + 0 to reset the zoom. Otherwise, go to system preferences> Accessibility > Zoom and change the settings appropriately.

As I’m away from my desk now (working off my iPhone :) ), I am a little unsure of where the setting is on Ventura so that’s about all I can help ya with at the moment!
worked as smooth as butter. your diaganosis was mint. Thank you so very much! Appreciate your support!

bjessim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023

worked as smooth as butter. your diaganosis was mint. Thank you so very much! Appreciate your support!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.