Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Verboj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
Belgium
Hi,
After owning my iPhone X for more then a year now, I recently noticed something odd.
My wife bought a Samsung with OLED display and after she posted a couple pictures on instagram, we noticed that the colors on her screen were way more saturated then on my iPhone. Because it’s a different phone/company and therefor has different settings I thought that was normal. But it kept bothering me. So when a colleague of mine bought herself a new iPhone X the other day, I asked her if she could open iMessage for me. And after comparison my screens white is more grey then on her new iPhone X. After that I asked the same question at my brother who recently bought an iPhone X as well and after comparing some pictures of the same profile on Instagram and comparing the iMessagescreen, there was also a small, but noticeable difference. My screen is just not as saturated as before...
Oh and for the record: in both cases we checked our settings and they were always the same :)
My question is:
Has anyone else noticed this? Is this normal?
Is there something I can do? Should I contact apple? What do you think about this issue?
Thx, Verboj

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.