Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I recently setup Screentime on my MBP (Apple Silicon + Sequoia 15.0).

I leave Safari open all the time and noticed that the Safari usage = iframe.mediadelivery.net usage = 24 hours making Screentime essentially useless (IMHO)!

Questions:

1. Does anyone know what iframe.mediadelivery.net does and more importantly how to determine which websites are using it?

2. Does anyone know of a way to block / exclude iframe.mediadelivery.net from being included in the Screentime metrics?

PS. Yes, I know that I could close Safari but I am looking for a more elegant workaround!

Thanks in advance.

Joel

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I have dug deeper into Screentime and a few related items. There appears to be a number of bugs including:

1. I have two Apple screen time device, an iPhone and a MP.

2. iframe.mediadelivery.net does NOT appear in the iPhone deice listing or the MBP device listing but DOES appear in the All Devices listing. How is this possible?

3. The iPhone screen time + MBP screen time <> All devices screen time. How is this possible?

4. There is a ghost device as an additional device (i.e., a device that use to be part of my FindMe that I no longer have but is still listed). Luckily it has zero recorded time.

This app is a great idea but need a lot of work.

Would appreciate others' experiences / thoughts.

Thank you.

galad

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2022
Try to disable screen time, and reenable it after a few hours and a reboot. It fixed it for me.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
@galad, much tanks for the suggestion.

I did what you suggested and it does appear to have solved 2. above but the problems with 3. and 4. remain. I do hope Apple will come back to me next week with a a solution. I will share what have been told. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.