Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I’m very excited! I’ll be buying directly from them instead of using the Mac App Store, because I think they deserve the full price and not the fee that Apple takes out.

I was looking through my iTunes store received from my scrivener purchase since they will be offering a discount and I realized that I purchased this application in 2014 on sale for $22.99. I was unsure if I’d get any use out of it, but i ended up writing my thesis, notes, personal writing etc.

I realize that I feel bad that they only received approximately $17 from my purchase three years ago. I feel like they deserve me paying full retail this time.

Reactions: Jayderek

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I read through some of the post and the blog, admittedly not ever post. Any updates to Scrivener working with iCloud? I’m just not into the whole Dropbox sync between my devices. I’d rather keep things uniform with iCloud.

Ace2617

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2016
I just bought and downloaded Scrivener v3.0, but I have a question I'm hoping you all can help me with. The license is authorized on my MacBook Pro, but as I understand it I can use that license on more than one of my Macs.

My question is: If I download Scrivener on my Mac Mini as well, how does it work between two computers? I set my backup location for Scrivener to be my dropbox account, so would I just backup to dropbox at the end of each writing session? I just want to make sure my most current work would be accessible on both computers. Thanks!

Reactions: RevTEG

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I just bought and downloaded Scrivener v3.0, but I have a question I'm hoping you all can help me with. The license is authorized on my MacBook Pro, but as I understand it I can use that license on more than one of my Macs.

My question is: If I download Scrivener on my Mac Mini as well, how does it work between two computers? I set my backup location for Scrivener to be my dropbox account, so would I just backup to dropbox at the end of each writing session? I just want to make sure my most current work would be accessible on both computers. Thanks!

I have the same question. I’d much prefer my work automatically update over a cloud based service like iCloud. I like Dropbox but but I don’t want to have to think about saving the latest and deleting the other all the time. Is there’s an auto update save feature??

Reactions: Ace2617

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011

I have the same question. I’d much prefer my work automatically update over a cloud based service like iCloud. I like Dropbox but but I don’t want to have to think about saving the latest and deleting the other all the time. Is there’s an auto update save feature??

Long time Scrivener user but haven't synced between devices in a while. My understanding is that only dropbox is supported for sync between devices, and that you need to save the actual Scrivener project (not the automatically created backup) to dropbox. Then just open the project on the other device using dropbox. Make sure you close the project on one machine before opening it on the other.

Reactions: Ace2617

Ace2617

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2016
Long time Scrivener user but haven't synced between devices in a while. My understanding is that only dropbox is supported for sync between devices, and that you need to save the actual Scrivener project (not the automatically created backup) to dropbox. Then just open the project on the other device using dropbox. Make sure you close the project on one machine before opening it on the other.

Thanks for the response. I think as of now, I have just the created backup saved to Dropbox. I'll have to change that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.