Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
On my 2011 iMac with High Sierra at home, I can scroll horizontally in most apps with shift + mouse wheel, which is INCREDIBLY useful. I can't do that on my macOS Monterey Mac at work. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be activated? I haven't been able to find it, despite searching extensively in System Preferences, and I don't seem to recall it being an extension that I have installed.

Thanks.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
It works for me in Monterey 12.6.1 (21G217), mouse or trackpad, tested in Finder, iMovie and LibreOffice.
I have “Scroll direction: Natural” disabled, but it works with it enabled too.

electrorocket

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2023
On my 2011 iMac with High Sierra at home, I can scroll horizontally in most apps with shift + mouse wheel, which is INCREDIBLY useful. I can't do that on my macOS Monterey Mac at work. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be activated? I haven't been able to find it, despite searching extensively in System Preferences, and I don't seem to recall it being an extension that I have installed.

Thanks.
Did you ever find a solution? It worked fine in Mojave, but I recently just upgraded. I thought that this was just a problem in Pro Tools but it seems to be in Chrome as well. Weird. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.