Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Hi all, so I have my Early 2015, 13' MacBook Pro and I am getting sick off the bull****, I see the beach ball all of the time using Safari (NFL.com)m the website freezes force reload, very often even force quit Safari, for instance, and then I open the same page with Mozilla and it runs smoother than ever. What is wrong with this Safari and those crappy Mac OS that Apple is popping out last years?? I have the feeling it has to do with adobe player, etc. but it is SO SO annoying....

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Turn off Safari's synching in your iCloud preferences. QED.

I've been doing just that for about a year. Cookies, history, and caches are synched through the slowest part of your Mac - your internet connection. FWIW, Safari is flying for me - and I'm tethered to a VZW iPad about 200 feet from the end of cellular service in my area (Skamokawa WA, taking care of my mom for a few weeks). No issues with any web activity whatsoever…

What's a beachball? Exactly.

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Turn off Safari's synching in your iCloud preferences. QED.

I've been doing just that for about a year. Cookies, history, and caches are synched through the slowest part of your Mac - your internet connection. FWIW, Safari is flying for me - and I'm tethered to a VZW iPad about 200 feet from the end of cellular service in my area (Skamokawa WA, taking care of my mom for a few weeks). No issues with any web activity whatsoever…

What's a beachball? Exactly.
What does this exactly mean to turn off the syncing in iCloud? Does it mean my passwords and everything else would not be stored anymore?

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
So if I create an account with name/pass on my mac it will not be synced on my other iDevices?

Yes.

However I think you are having another problem. Safari is quick and responsive for me with the occasional rare beach ball requiring me to close and reopen it.

I had a similar problem which was due to outdated plugins trying to operate (it was translate in my case) but hanging.

So I would start with clearing everything (cache, history, etc). Disable any and all plugins. And make sure flash is updated (via system preferences) or completely disabled (but still make sure it's up to date or completely uninstalled).

joelovesapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2006
UK
Facebook runs like a dog on my iMac 5k 2015 and that’s loaded with 32GB of RAM. Constant beach balling. Even this site lags... I have 4 8GB sticks so what’s causing it? Flash player is updated, I keep current with OS updates...

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Facebook runs like a dog on my iMac 5k 2015 and that’s loaded with 32GB of RAM. Constant beach balling. Even this site lags... I have 4 8GB sticks so what’s causing it? Flash player is updated, I keep current with OS updates...

Been forever since I logged into Facebook (immediately regretted it). However on my 2013 i5 775m 24gb RAM w/ HDD its very smooth. And I'm encoding a video AND running a Linux virtual machine so CPU usage is maxed and RAM is dwindling.

Literally cooking....

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 7.01.58 PM.png

Maybe SMC and NVRAM reset?

Could be driver related maybe on Apples side (not sure if other 5k owners have the same problem)? It should perform as well if not better then my machine especially right now....

manyelski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
So I turned off the syncing in iCloud for Safari and it is the same freaking st*t - beach balling (nfl.com is a very problematic website there, the images do not load, the videos, the beach ball is showing pretty often). Also the website shush.se where I watch online movies - buffer so much faster on chrome, and I can forward in the middle of the movie for instance and start watching it from there on, something I CANNOT do on safari because I need to wait to buffer to a point from which on I can forward... No such issues with chrome or Mozilla.... Apple you fail miserably!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.