Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gozilla17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm facing a challenging issue with my MacBook 14" M1 Pro and could really use some insights or similar experiences from the community here.

After a motherboard replacement and updating to the latest Sonoma, my MacBook Pro M1Pro is charging unusually slowly. It's taking about 32-35 minutes to charge from 70% to 80% using the 96W charger with optimized charging enabled. Without optimized charging, the time reduces to 23 minutes. This is happening even in a nearly default state, with no additional applications running, and the issue persists with the Ventura.

CoconutBattery shows that the charging rate fluctuates between 10 and 20 watts. Despite multiple visits to an authorized Apple repair center, the issue remains unresolved. Each time, they seem to overlook my specific concerns and conclude that there are no issues.

Has anyone here experienced something similar? Any suggestions on how to proceed or insights into whether this is a standard behavior for this model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.