Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyndy2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
From iPhoto I am wanting to select all the photos from an event or album to edit in Photoshop Elements to avoid having to switch back and forth between the two. I have PSE set up as the external editor in iPhoto. When I have the photos selected in iPhoto and click the edit button, the most photos that will show in the PSE project bin is 4. I can go back to iPhoto and select more and they will be added to the existing photos in the project bin, but again I am tryng to avoid having to go back and forth, and want to be able to edit one event/album in one sitting. I've tried highlighting each individual photo within an event, and also just the event, but still the max is 4 photos. It seems when I did this a couple months ago it worked fine, but since it is not doing it now I am questioning whether I imagined the whole thing! Is there a way to have more than 4 photos at a time? Thanks in advance for all help provided.

titaniummd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
From iPhoto I am wanting to select all the photos from an event or album to edit in Photoshop Elements to avoid having to switch back and forth between the two. I have PSE set up as the external editor in iPhoto. When I have the photos selected in iPhoto and click the edit button, the most photos that will show in the PSE project bin is 4. I can go back to iPhoto and select more and they will be added to the existing photos in the project bin, but again I am tryng to avoid having to go back and forth, and want to be able to edit one event/album in one sitting. I've tried highlighting each individual photo within an event, and also just the event, but still the max is 4 photos. It seems when I did this a couple months ago it worked fine, but since it is not doing it now I am questioning whether I imagined the whole thing! Is there a way to have more than 4 photos at a time? Thanks in advance for all help provided.

I also had the same issue. I don't know what to do either.

mudmanmike

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Me too. It happened with Elements 6 and now also with Elements 8. It must be a limitation with Iphoto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.