Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
My current equipment:

iPhone SE 3 (2022) - in Spigen protective case
iPad Mini 2 (possibly looking to buy a newer Mini in 2025)

I have never owned, or looked at, selfie sticks / tripods. I have no idea what's out there or how much it costs. Recent tasks that I took photos for would have made a selfie stick seem very handy.

But what's out there? What are the price tiers? Can a selfie stick also work with an iPad Mini?

Here's a weird story for you:

One of my elderly family members was shopping for a car and I went along with him. He talked to someone about a used Subaru and arranged to visit the seller. He asked if I could take photos of the undercarriage. The terrain was rough and not conducive to getting down there with my iPhone. Once again, I found an occasion where I needed a selfie stick. Turns out that the selfie stick was more urgent than either of us imagined. The sub-frame in this Subaru was rotting in both the front and rear.

Of course, I want to do much more than inspect old used cars with a selfie stick.

Also: are there any selfie sticks that work with action cams like GoPro's? I have an old GoPro Session 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.