Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Maybe you were misled by the thread title, what I mean to say is selling, for a profit, reprinted (photocopied) instruction manuals for cameras.

Can you really just photocopy a manual, trim, staple and sell it for a tidy profit?

this guy on ebay does this almost exclusively.

I mean, why not buy one, and just do what he does with copies of his copy? And like undercut his prices by a dollar.

:D

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Maybe you were misled by the thread title, what I mean to say is selling, for a profit, reprinted (photocopied) instruction manuals for cameras.

Can you really just photocopy a manual, trim, staple and sell it for a tidy profit?

this guy on ebay does this almost exclusively.

I mean, why not buy one, and just do what he does with copies of his copy? And like undercut his prices by a dollar.

:D

Legally, the manual is copyright the author or their company, so reprinting is a copyright violation. Most product companies don't care to enforce their copyrights, but technically without the copyright owner's permission, it's a violation.

IANAL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.