Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
I am brining this up around a few places and wanted to bring it up here.

Who sells their photographs? Are you a fine art photographer or a portrait photographer dealing only with portrait clients and sales?

do you sell all kinds of print sizes and amounts?

where do you sell your work?

what is your goal?

I wonder this because I am wondering about the place for large size prints and selling them to people. sizes like 24x36 kind of thing. Gallery style wall canvas and not paper.

as well, do any photographers sell their work that large as limited editions? you'll have it for sale and have only 1 or 2 editions and no more.

I identify most with fine art photography. and I want to slowly work into portait and client work if I find it okay. I just wondered your thoughts on selling mainly only very large canvas gallery wraps as your art products.

YsoSerious

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I am brining this up around a few places and wanted to bring it up here.

Who sells their photographs? Are you a fine art photographer or a portrait photographer dealing only with portrait clients and sales?

do you sell all kinds of print sizes and amounts?

where do you sell your work?

what is your goal?

I wonder this because I am wondering about the place for large size prints and selling them to people. sizes like 24x36 kind of thing. Gallery style wall canvas and not paper.

as well, do any photographers sell their work that large as limited editions? you'll have it for sale and have only 1 or 2 editions and no more.

I identify most with fine art photography. and I want to slowly work into portait and client work if I find it okay. I just wondered your thoughts on selling mainly only very large canvas gallery wraps as your art products.

I'm no pro, but I use SmugMug as an online storage of all my photo's. They have different accounts types for average joe blows like me and pro's trying to sell their pictures to others. I think the pro level allows you to price out your photo's and sell them. Their online forums are the best for photographers alike http://www.dgrin.com/. Check it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.