Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clausbvc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2014
Denmark
The option of sending a text as SMS, instead of iMessage, seems gone in iOS 10.2. At least on my phone (5SE) and carrier combination.
Anyone else?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just used it on my iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 a couple of days ago. Remember that the option only exists when you try to use it on an iMessage that has been sent (or is in the process of being sent), but hasn't been delivered yet.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I just used it on my iPhone 6 with iOS 10.2 a couple of days ago. Remember that the option only exists when you try to use it on an iMessage that has been sent (or is in the process of being sent), but hasn't been delivered yet.

How do you do it?
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Don't you hold down the send button?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How do you do it?
Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Don't you hold down the send button?
The send button won't really do anything. It's basically there once you sent an iMessage before it is delivered--you can tap and hold on the iMessage that hasn't been delivered yet and that should give you the option to send it as SMS.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
If you turn send as SMS on in settings > messages and it'll do it automatically after it times out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.