Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheHozOpp1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey all,

I couldn't find a dedicated CarPlay section, so I don't know where else to post this.

I have a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH-DA120) on Firmware 1.12 and an iPhone 7 Plus running 10.2 dev beta 1.

My CarPlay is running just fine with the exception of the specific task of Siri sending a message in the messages app on CarPlay. Siri can successfully compose a message to an addressee, but after responding "Yes" to "Shall I send it?" Siri encounters a problem EVERY time she attempts to send the message.

Sending a message can be successfully done purely using Siri on the iPhone when it is NOT connected to CarPlay.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

TheHozOpp1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My head unit shipped with 1.12... I had 1.11 downloaded and ready on a USB when the head unit was getting installed and I was surprised to see that 1.12 was installed already. I have no idea why Pioneer hasn't posted it on their website, as 1.11 is almost a year old.

As for your suggestion, thank you. I will try it after work today. See if it's any better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.