Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
A heads up to those of you who might be a user of jRiver Media player. I have had it on board first my PC's (MS18) and now the Mac. In the beginning it was iTunes very poor functioning on PC's, jRiver was a breath of fresh air. I now have Media Center 33 loaded up. I could not get MC33 to play sound through to the Mac Studio. None of my settings had changed. One of the things jRiver does is the old version is not written over, it loads the new version and incorporates the files from the old one. It was not a problem going from Ventura, to Sonoma, but I have had all kinds of trouble with Sequoia. One of those problems is I could not get MS31 to play, I updated to MS33 and still no joy. Finally as a housekeeping measure I completely deleted MS31. Returning to MS33 and now everything is working 🙄. There are still hang ups and I have to use the forced stop to close jRiver and some other App's, Youtube is a mess. Thank God for my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.