Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truben

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Since I ran yesterday macOS Sequoia, I have noticed a quantum leap with the HDR on my 3 Benq 4K displays. Am I the only one who notices that?

Truben

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Since I bought the MacMini M2Pro 12c a year ago, I've been dealing with some color profile issues on my BenQ PD2700U 4K monitor while using MacOS Ventura. Whenever I tried to watch a movie, the actors' faces appeared unnaturally orange due to HDR, prompting me to always disable it in the Display settings. However, after updating to MacOS Sequoia, I decided to give HDR another shot and was pleasantly surprised to find that the colors looked much more natural. It seems like there may have been some improvements in how Apple handles graphics that have resolved the previous issues I was experiencing with the three displays.

Reactions: VSMacOne

rehkram

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2018
upstate NY
Since I ran yesterday macOS Sequoia, I have noticed a quantum leap with the HDR on my 3 Benq 4K displays. Am I the only one who notices that?
Now you come to mention it, the display attached to my intel MM 2018 via HDMI is now less red. With no change to the selected external color profile, white folks' skin tones are no longer redder than pomegranates and the tones throughout are less saturated and more natural.

Reactions: Truben

Truben

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2022
Thank you, everyone. I was starting to feel overwhelmed by all the excitement yesterday. I purchased this MM and from the very beginning, I selected the appropriate color profile for BenQ monitors in the Displays section. It seems that Apple has made some improvements to the graphics in Sequoia, as I no longer see orangish faces.

rehkram

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2018
upstate NY
Yes, I avoided using the MM because of this. I assumed it was a bad iGPU because none of the color profiles fixed it, and calibrating them myself didn't either. Something has changed with Sequoia. Happy days.

Reactions: Truben
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.