Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Villa.One

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
Hello everybody!

I am considering buying a used Apple Watch SS Series 2 and I am wondering if the performance is good with the latest OS 4. How is the speed? What is your experience?

Is it worth it, in order to save some money getting the series 2, or would you recommend getting the series 3?

Many thanks,

V

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
Performance was bad with watchOS 4.0, but I think it's really better (and good) with 4.2

Reactions: mk313

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello everybody!

I am considering buying a used Apple Watch SS Series 2 and I am wondering if the performance is good with the latest OS 4. How is the speed? What is your experience?

Is it worth it, in order to save some money getting the series 2, or would you recommend getting the series 3?

Many thanks,

V

Series 2 still performs very well. That said, Series 2 and Series 3 share a lot of the same capabilities, with the LTE being exclusive to Series 3. The Series 3 Apple Watch is faster than the Series 2, but I don't think it's drastically that much faster over the Series 2.

Ask yourself if you have a need for LTE, if not, then I would consider the Series 2. You can still find quite a few sale prices that are discounted.

However, if you purchase the latest Apple Watch with the Series 3, then it will see the most longevity with software updates Over the Series 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.