Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
I currently have a 44mm Series 4 that is causing some heart ache... slow, battery life not as good as it once was...

Anyone go to an SE from a Series 4? I would lose the ECG, but gain a better processor and a new watch with warranty and save some money... or should I go to a Series 6? I do not use the ECG very often... maybe a total of 3-4 times since buying the watch...

Last edited:

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
The SE is probably going to be fine for you, if you don’t use the ECG feature often.

(Also, in your original post, you start by saying you have a Series 6. I believe you meant Series 4. You might want to edit the post and clarify that for others who may read it.)

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
The SE is probably going to be fine for you, if you don’t use the ECG feature often.

(Also, in your original post, you start by saying you have a Series 6. I believe you meant Series 4. You might want to edit the post and clarify that for others who may read it.)

oops! Changed it. Thanks for letting me know. The only thing that I kind of like on the 6 is the blood oxygen sensor because I was diagnosed with very slight sleep apnea (teeter point of them requiring a sleep machine) and I haven’t tolerated the machine much... so curious if that would give me insight on if I’m getting low SPO2. But I’ve read mixed on the feature and might not work as I thought!

Starcrowl

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017
Get the series 6 if you got enough budget, if you don't mind AoD then SE is good for you and much cheaper. I'm also on the same boat with you and decided for SE or Series 5 now, you can consider getting S5 too maybe?

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Get the series 6 if you got enough budget, if you don't mind AoD then SE is good for you and much cheaper. I'm also on the same boat with you and decided for SE or Series 5 now, you can consider getting S5 too maybe?
I would honestly turn the AoD off if I had a watch that does that now... I hated the screen turning on when I turned my wrist so I have to tap my watch now to turn the display on

Reactions: Starcrowl

Starcrowl

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2017
I would honestly turn the AoD off if I had a watch that does that now... I hated the screen turning on when I turned my wrist so I have to tap my watch now to turn the display on
Then the SE is right for you :) I just found Series 5 44mm with 13 months warranty for 350 dollar and SE 44mm brand new for 390. I'd be glad if anyone help me to choose too :) (prices are little higher in my country i know)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I currently have a 44mm Series 4 that is causing some heart ache... slow, battery life not as good as it once was...

Anyone go to an SE from a Series 4? I would lose the ECG, but gain a better processor and a new watch with warranty and save some money... or should I go to a Series 6? I do not use the ECG very often... maybe a total of 3-4 times since buying the watch...

I suspect you wouldn’t take full advantage of the S6, and if you had a Series 3 or below, then I might suggest the S6, but I would probably just opt for the SE, realistically it doesn’t seem that you’re an ‘advanced user’ where you would probably appreciate the more minimalistic functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.