Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
For the last few nights my Series 4 has not been charging. When placed on the disk it shows the charging icon, but when I check on my iPhone for battery condition it shows the watch is discharging. If I reboot the Watch it will charge normally.

Any body else having issues?

chemasevi

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Same issue here.Any solution?
For the last few nights my Series 4 has not been charging. When placed on the disk it shows the charging icon, but when I check on my iPhone for battery condition it shows the watch is discharging. If I reboot the Watch it will charge normally.

Any body else having issues?

Volusia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
Central Florida
Yes, using the current version (12.0.1). Now, for the past two nights, it has charged with no problem?!?!?
One of those things that make you go...... "WTH?"
[doublepost=1539956638][/doublepost]
Same issue here.Any solution?

I didn't do anything different, but, as I said, it started working properly for the past two nights....

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Metal objects, like keys and coins, placed too close to the charger can cause interference that prevents wireless charging sometimes. My wife had this issue with her iPhone off and on until we noticed it was happening when her wireless charger was close to the base of a lamp on her nightstand.

Last edited:
Reactions: newellj

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Metal objects, like keys and coins, placed too close to the charger can cause interference that prevents wireless charging sometimes. My wife had this issue with her iPhone off and on until we noticed it was happening when here wireless charger was close to the base of a lamp on her nightstand.

That makes sense when you think about it, but wow - would not have thought about that in a vacuum. Very interesting!

Reactions: tromboneaholic

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Just encountered the same problem. I’ve had my watch since Day 1. Just updated to 12.0.1 yesterday and pulled my watch off the charger a few minutes ago and discovered that it didn’t charge at all over the last 6 hours. The watch was securely seated on the charger and even showed the charging symbol on the face.

Oh, and there are no other objects near the charger.

KatanaAzul

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
I’ve had the same issue. After catching it happening a few times, I figured out that doing a restart of the watch solves the problem every time. Super annoying, but now I just shut off my watch before putting it on the charger and let it restart itself when it notices it’s on the charger. Haven’t had a problem since.

As it appears that restarting the watch fixes the issue temporarily, my guess is that it’s a software issue of some kind. I have tried restoring as a new watch, and the problem persists. I’m quite tempted to take it to the apple store to do a clean install of watch os and see if it keeps happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.