Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

negsrus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
One thing that I can't figure out for the life of me. I have a machine with High Sierra on it. The way auto-hide works there is that when I make the Dock appear from auto-hide, then move the mouse away but quickly change my mind and move the mouse back down to the bottom of the screen BEFORE the hiding animation finishes, once the Dock reaches the bottom it'll immediately come back up from hiding. This works fairly consistently. In Mojave, if I move my mouse back down before the hiding animation finishes, nothing happens. The Dock does nothing and I have to move my mouse up and down again to make the Dock appear.

Does anyone know how to fix the Dock to make it more like High Sierra? Thanks.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I've not noticed the problem, probably because I've set the auto-hide animation to super fast. You can do it to and see if it works for you. Fire-up Terminal and type the code below.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier -int 0 && Killall Dock
If you don't like it or it doesn't fix the issue for you, enter the code again only change that zero to a 1 before hitting Enter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.