Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
I have a question about setting up a custom domain in iCloud. For now, only I will be using the domain. However, can I later choose to add a family member without having to redo the setup?

Another question I have is if my family member has to have iCloud himself (and iCloud+) to use my custom domain?

themidge

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2018
I have finally got mine set up this weekend - my brother had over 10,000 emails to move first! Really easy experience. You can add additional people later on no problem.

I'd have to look up the specifics but as far as I'm aware, all they would need is an Apple ID and enough storage space for the amount of email they plan on storing. I think only the domain owner needs iCloud+.

Very impressed with things so far.

Reactions: Omnivore

Omnivore

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 26, 2022
I have finally got mine set up this weekend - my brother had over 10,000 emails to move first! Really easy experience. You can add additional people later on no problem.

I'd have to look up the specifics but as far as I'm aware, all they would need is an Apple ID and enough storage space for the amount of email they plan on storing. I think only the domain owner needs iCloud+.

Very impressed with things so far.
I got mine set up this week too. Very easy as you said. 👍 I have even set up a subdomain without problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.