Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr_taint

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2016
Owner at one of the companies I support recently switched from a Windows laptop to an iPad.

I've been struggling my ass off to get his HTML signature working for days, and the root of the problem seems to be my inability to get "undo change attributes" to work.

If I'm frank, anything Apple is at least slightly out of my wheelhouse, and this is the first time I've ever had to try to get an HTML signature with an image working on ios.

For whatever reason, when I paste the copied signature into ios Mail or Outlook (both on same iPad), shaking the iPad has only ever given me the option to "undo paste" instead of "undo change attributes". I have tried many times, and cannot figure out what the problem is.

Anyway, I'm looking increasingly stupid over here, and if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful (for at least a day or two).

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
On the iPad Air and mini, tapping the number key (the one that says .?123) gives you an undo button. I'm not sure about the layout of keys on the iPad Pro, but I think there must be an undo button somewhere. So that's the first thing I would try.

I'm also not sure why pasting the signature would change attributes, but can't you just select the text whose attributes got changed and reapply the attributes you want?

Oh, is the signature in html text? Then it might be copying the text style along with the text itself. In which case, you have to paste it, then change the attributes to match the rest of the document. Unless Word for iPad has a "paste and match style" command. I know Pages doesn't.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.