Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msephton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
United Kingdom, Europe
I have a Numbers spreadsheet that I have been editing and sharing with others for many years.

Today, I see that my spreadsheet has become locked (uneditable, even after dismissing the notice) and that I am prompted to upgrade Numbers to a new version. However, I'm still running Mojave 10.14.6 (for many reasons) and the latest version of Numbers is only available for Catalina.

So I wanted to report this bug, and let people know that that shared spreadsheets will be locked and uneditable if you're still on an old version of Numbers (even if it's the latest you can possible use!). I can understand that this edge case may not have been considered so I hope Apple Numbers team can change this.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can regain control of this spreadsheet so my many years of data and is not lost forever!

numbers.png

I see the screen below, I can clock to go to iCloud (not ideal), not now to see the (uneditable) spreadsheet, or Go To App Store (to see that no new Numbers is available for macOS 10.14.6)

Anybody else affected by this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.