Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikomanz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Hi all,

While some lucky people here were able to get a September 16 release date, I assume a big number of us have "2-3 weeks" wait time.

I pre-ordered the iPhone 7+ 128GB black and Apple says my delivery time is Oct 4 - Oct 10.

Based on previous years, in which I didn't pre-order, do you all think we (I) may get it sooner than Oct 4, or is Apple pretty reliable with their shipping estimates?

Reactions: eddie24

Swisspo

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
Ohio
A couple years back my 6 Plus was slated for middle to end of October.. I believe I got it somewhere around the end of September, beginning of October. I think for the most part they over estimate the delivery dates just to play it safe. Anything is possible and this year everything could be completely different. I like to think though that most people who ordered soon after orders went live will have their devices somewhere around launch or shortly after. Like I said though, anything is possible. :)

BLUEBLASTER

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2016
I'm the same as you. Ordered mine from CPW. The guy said to me 23rd of Sep but who knows when I will get it. Pretty safe bet the Jet Black will be November due to its popularity.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Apple is very conservative with their delivery dates. It will be there before their date for sure and maybe a day or so sooner but Apple has this shipping stuff down to a science.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Hi all,

While some lucky people here were able to get a September 16 release date, I assume a big number of us have "2-3 weeks" wait time.

I pre-ordered the iPhone 7+ 128GB black and Apple says my delivery time is Oct 4 - Oct 10.

Based on previous years, in which I didn't pre-order, do you all think we (I) may get it sooner than Oct 4, or is Apple pretty reliable with their shipping estimates?

2-3 weeks is nothing, mine says November...

digital808

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
same boat as you folks. order still processing. ordered when pre orders went live! if it wasn't for the hiccup while ordering, i would have secured a sept 16 date.

Reactions: jbachandouris

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
You might get it a bit sooner, but not by much I'd imagine. If you're feeling frisky, an I know I've done this in that situation, you could wait in line at your local Apple Store Thursday night/Friday early morning. I've always got what I wanted from my Apple Store in that situation on launch day and just cancelled my preorder.

caelius

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2015
Innsbruck, Austria
Haha, my 7+ is supposed to be delivered on 10/7, too. Hoped for it arriving sooner so that I could directly compare it to the 7 before the 14-day-return ends, but nope, that won't work out, I guess. Hoped that it would turn into a 9/16 magically, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.