Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daringescape

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 7, 2003
CA
I want to try and get some photos of the players at a baseball game I will be at tonight - Will there be enough light from the stadium lights for my Canon 75-300 f4-5.6?

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
I want to try and get some photos of the players at a baseball game I will be at tonight - Will there be enough light from the stadium lights for my Canon 75-300 f4-5.6?

Based on my limited experience, yes, BUT you'll have trouble getting action shots of players, and getting steady non-blurry photos will mean a tripod if you don't have IS.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
It's possible but from my experiences, it's the actual angle of the shot that determines a good photo or not. I've taken my camera to A's games for a long time but only managed to get a handful of decent photos - and those came with a S5 IS, which I no longer have.

Your lens has good enough reach but I would try to not make all the pictures look "stale" from the same vantage point. Good luck and post some results!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.