Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
I’ve just started a trial of the Halide photo app. I’m trying to figure out how photos I take with it can automatically be added to an album which I’ve called ‘Halide’ in the Photos app. I’m sure there’s probably a way of doing this with Shortcuts, but I’ve absolutely no idea how.

Can anyone help please?

Apple_Glen_UK

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
West Sussex, England
Some discussion here around adding photos to an album via a Shortcut. Sounds like something similar to what you want.

Not familiar with Halide, but thread might be a jumping off point, give one ideas.

Thank you for this. I’ve attempted to set it up (I don’t find the Shortcuts app particularly straightforward), but it isn’t working.

Just to be clearer, I will be taking photos with both the native Camera app and with Halide. I just want the ones shot with Halide to automatically save to the ‘Halide’ album I have created. Perhaps this isn’t possible?

I made this:

IMG_5239.jpeg

All photos taken with Halide show the following:

IMG_5244.jpeg

Is what I’m trying to do possible? Can a shortcut be created to save photos from a 3rd party camera app to a specific album?

Last edited:

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
The Name parameter won't work because the Name will be "IMG_5243" in this example.

What you probably will need to do is just find all images after a certain date in Recents and then do a repeat with each image. With each image, guessing might be able to find "Halide" (or "HALIDE", or some other variation) in the metadata dictionary. That can be obtained via the "Get Details of Image" Action. Something like below.

IMG_1683.jpg

Might need to initially set this up to work with one photo, so that you can see what's in the dictionary. For example, attached is an example of running something similar on one image. If tap on the Expand icon/button, will see the full dictionary and can scroll through it to find if anything there that is useful.

IMG_1684.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.