Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unknown87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
Having been a digital shooter my entire life (hey, I'm from the digital generation, what're you gonna do!?) I thought I'd make a foray of sorts in to the film world. In exploring various formats and films, I stumbled across medium format and the wonderful world of Holga. As we say down here, "Robert's your father's brother" and I've got one on the way over.

Now, my question to you. Do I document my experiences with the Holga and film processing and developing? Is it something that anyone particularly cares about, or would it simply be a bit boring and something that most of you know about anyway? As you can probably tell I'm quite excited, but I don't know if the 'community' is that interested.

So, macrumours, do I journal my Holga journey, yes or no?

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
Having been a digital shooter my entire life (hey, I'm from the digital generation, what're you gonna do!?) I thought I'd make a foray of sorts in to the film world. In exploring various formats and films, I stumbled across medium format and the wonderful world of Holga. As we say down here, "Robert's your father's brother" and I've got one on the way over.

Now, my question to you. Do I document my experiences with the Holga and film processing and developing? Is it something that anyone particularly cares about, or would it simply be a bit boring and something that most of you know about anyway? As you can probably tell I'm quite excited, but I don't know if the 'community' is that interested.

So, macrumours, do I journal my Holga journey, yes or no?

Yes - journal away :)

My first 'serious' SLR was a Maniya RZ67 medium format camera. I then bought a Hasselblad 503CW, then a Fuji 670 Pro III

Medium format is fantastic. Image quality is stunning, and the whole manual aspect slows you down and makes you think about what you're doing.

I administer the medium format forum on photo.net. If you have any difficult technical questions, it's not a bad place to ask!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.