Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Im thinking about selling my Sony DSC-W50, and getting a Canon P&S. I like the sony and all, but Im looking for some more manual settings and features, and Im also very intrigued by CHDK http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK.

How much do you think I could get for a 1.5 Yr. old DSC-W50 in good condition, a 1GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, a Camera case, and of course the Battery and Charger. I also have the box, and manual.

I realize this isn't in the marketplace, but I figured this forum might be a better place for it, please move it if you wish. Thanks

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I don't reckon you'd really be able to get THAT much. I say just keep it as a back up and get a Canon S5 or something equivalent. Or if you really want the rangefinder build, a G9.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
I don't reckon you'd really be able to get THAT much. I say just keep it as a back up and get a Canon S5 or something equivalent. Or if you really want the rangefinder build, a G9.

Yea I was thinking more along the lines of one of the cheaper models, and adding the CHDK hack to it to get a bunch of features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.