Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
So I am absolutely furious.

I had to take my MacBook Pro in for a repair, it appeared to need a new Logic Board and Screen, it didn't, just an incompatible app.

Got the computer back and then found out it was just a software issue, my screen wasn't lined up. So I took it in and had the screen Re Aligned.

Now my screen is loose. it is very light feeling, display closes too quickly.

What should I ask Apple to do? $100 worth of gas for absolutely no reason. I am passed angry right now...

Last edited:

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2013

I had to take my MacBook Pro in for a repair, it appeared to need a new Logic Board and Screen, it didn't, just an incompatible app.

Got the computer back and then found out it was just a software issue, my screen wasn't lined up. So I took it in and had the screen Re Aligned.

What should I ask Apple to do? $100 worth of gas for absolutely no reason. I am passed angry right now...

Is this the new MacBook Pro haswell?

Scott7975

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013

Call up the apple customer service number. Tell them exactly what you said here and they will do something. I had a bad experience in the store and they did everything they could in making it up to me. They sent me a 2TB G drive for free and when I picked up my laptop I picked out an 80 bag they gave me for free as well.

For all the **** one might go through.... Apple does have good customer service.... at least from my experience they did.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Call up the apple customer service number. Tell them exactly what you said here and they will do something. I had a bad experience in the store and they did everything they could in making it up to me. They sent me a 2TB G drive for free and when I picked up my laptop I picked out an 80 bag they gave me for free as well.

For all the **** one might go through.... Apple does have good customer service.... at least from my experience they did.

So I probably wouldn't have any difficulty convincing them to get me a Magic Mouse? :) Been wanting on of those haha

Is this the new MacBook Pro haswell?

nope, the one in my signature, 15" non retina from 2011.. Issue with Mavericks update caused everything.

Scott7975

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
So I probably wouldn't have any difficulty convincing them to get me a Magic Mouse? :) Been wanting on of those haha

nope, the one in my signature, 15" non retina from 2011.. Issue with Mavericks update caused everything.

Probably not. I would say.... Look, I could have gotten the magic mouse I wanted but instead had to waste the money in gas to get back and forth for your piss poor repairs.

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Why would you waste $100 worth of gas when you could simply call Apple Care, ask for a shipping box and send to a Service Center?

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Why would you waste $100 worth of gas when you could simply call Apple Care, ask for a shipping box and send to a Service Center?

Wasn't told about that. I have been on 15+ hours with applecare, no joke. That was never mentioned to me...

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
To keep you guys updated, Apple Store manager apologized. My screen is now working and 3 weeks later my computer is fully fixed. For my troubles and wasted gas, they are giving me a Magic Mouse, and then for my $50 decal being removed they are giving me a wired keyboard.

So overall a terrible experience but Apple did honor their warranty and offered compensation for how bad of an experience this was. So Apple managed to keep me haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.