Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hans3185

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Cause I'm getting interested in doing more concert photography, and it seems as though I would benefit more with the D50's internal AF motors.

Or should I just suck it up and learn how to Manual focus well?

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000

Cause I'm getting interested in doing more concert photography, and it seems as though I would benefit more with the D50's internal AF motors.

Or should I just suck it up and learn how to Manual focus well?

If you can afford it, trade up to the D300. If you are interested in a slightly used Nikon D80, drop me a PM. Body only though. You will need to get a lens for it, or use what you have.

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
If you can afford it, trade up to the D300. If you are interested in a slightly used Nikon D80, drop me a PM. Body only though. You will need to get a lens for it, or use what you have.

To be fair, the OP asked for advice on Canon models, please refrain from using this as an opportunity to advertise a sale of your Nikon.

CanonRumors.com is rife with news of price drops and the expected release of the 50D. The best thing you could do is wait for it to be released. There is a prediction that it will feature the 51 point internal focus.

The 40D is a superb camera and it is probably worth anyone becoming more adept at using manual focus.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
To be fair, the OP asked for advice on Canon models, please refrain from using this as an opportunity to advertise a sale of your Nikon.

CanonRumors.com is rife with news of price drops and the expected release of the 50D. The best thing you could do is wait for it to be released. There is a prediction that it will feature the 51 point internal focus.

The 40D is a superb camera and it is probably worth anyone becoming more adept at using manual focus.

D40 and D50 are Nikon cameras. The 40D is a Canon.

Jan 30, 2006

I wouldn't recommend going for the D50, much better to invest a little more and get a D80.

What lenses do you have as for now? And what lenses do you want to buy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.