Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ivangf2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Hello

I own an iPad Pro 2018 12.9, I’ve got a SKF combined with a Magic Trackpad 2. Mostly i use the iPad as a tablet to give lessons in Microsoft temas and i use a lot the Apple Pencil. When i have to create homeworks, use excel, keynote or e-mail i use the SKF + MK.

Sometimes i can’t use the Magic Trackpad because even though i have a desk where i can seat and work, my baby daughter if she sees me, doesn’t allow me to work because she wants to play, so i have to lock myself in my bedroom where i have no desk.

I have been thinking in buying a MK for these cases where i need a trackpad integrated and can use even though I’m lying on my bed, plus the fact that the keyboard is backlit is very useful for those night where I’m writing something in my bed.

Should i go for the MK?

C4230E71-FE2A-4196-8222-D4C9D6379412.jpeg

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Sounds like the MK would definitely help for times when you're working in bed when the SKF/Magic Trackpad would be too wobbly. The backlight is very nice too. Keep in mind with the MK, there isn't a Pencil holder, but there are add-on third-party solutions.

Edited: another option is to get a small laptop desk you could use in bed with the SKF and Magic Trackpad.

Ivangf2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Sounds like the MK would definitely help for times when you're working in bed when the SKF/Magic Trackpad would be too wobbly. The backlight is very nice too. Keep in mind with the MK, there isn't a Pencil holder, but there are add-on third-party solutions.

Edited: another option is to get a small laptop desk you could use in bed with the SKF and Magic Trackpad.
The Apple Pencil can’t be attached to the iPad border with MK on?

Ivangf2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011

I have thought in getting a foldable desk, any suggestions?

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Why not test it out? Apple gives a couple weeks for you to use and to return if you don't like it.

But I think everyone who has one and has kept it will say that the MK will change your life hahah.

Ivangf2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2011
Here in Mexico, at least where i live there is no option to test it out first

• Sad
Reactions: ejin222
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.