Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

louai Shami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Hey I have an Iphone 6s for more than 2 years, Do u think it is worth upgrading to the new XR?
The battery is now at max 79% charged. Photo/ Camera Resolution in my current 6s is now also not so clear and kinda vague. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ortiz83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2018
Curious, if people say yes, are you going to purchase an Xr off other people’s opinion?

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey I have an Iphone 6s for more than 2 years, Do u think it is worth upgrading to the new XR?Thanks in advance.
If you have to ask the question then no.

But really - you’ve not given enough information for anybody to really help you out with this. What is it about the XR you like? What is it about the 6S that makes you think it’s time to upgrade?

louai Shami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Curious, if people say yes, are you going to purchase an Xr off other people’s opinion?
I have watched many videos on youtube so far, and none convinced me yet to buy the XR so I just want someone to settle the score for me here if it's kinda worth it or not
[doublepost=1537215156][/doublepost]
If you have to ask the question then no.

But really - you’ve not given enough information for anybody to really help you out with this. What is it about the XR you like? What is it about the 6S that makes you think it’s time to upgrade?
My iphone 6s has now a max battery of 79% (even when charged 100%).Also i kinda like big screens and i think the XR affords that also. My 6s camera now takes photos in a kinda vague resolution as well

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have watched many videos on youtube so far, and none convinced me yet to buy the XR so I just want someone to settle the score for me here if it's kinda worth it or not
[doublepost=1537215156][/doublepost]
My iphone 6s has now a max battery of 79% (even when charged 100%).Also i kinda like big screens and i think the XR affords that also. My 6s camera now takes photos in a kinda vague resolution as well
So you could replace the battery - which would probably give your 6S a new lease of life and wait to see on the XR. Until it’s launched and the tech blogs have had a week or so to put it through the paces, we won’t have an accurate gauge on what it’s really like.

From what we do know about it though, it’s certain to be a substantial upgrade on the 6S and would last you a good couple of years at least.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
If you're happy with your phone and it does everything you need it to do then keep it. IOS 12 is supposed to work very well on older phones so that's a non- issue. Either way, only you can make that decision based on how you use your phone and what the new phone would offer to your needs in a phone. On the other hand, a bigger screen might be nice to have too!

louai Shami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
If you're happy with your phone and it does everything you need it to do then keep it. IOS 12 is supposed to work very well on older phones so that's a non- issue. Either way, only you can make that decision based on how you use your phone and what the new phone would offer to your needs in a phone. On the other hand, a bigger screen might be nice to have too!
I guess so Big Screens is a big++ Thanks man ! :D

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I guess so Big Screens is a big++ Thanks man ! :D

No problem, besides you still have some time before the XR is released, so it's not like you have to jump on anything immediately. Best advice I would give is to wait until the XR is in stores and go check it out in person. You may realize it's not a huge improvement over your 6S, however, I have a feeling you'd love the new phone. The battery life alone makes it a great phone.

louai Shami

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
No problem, besides you still have some time before the XR is released, so it's not like you have to jump on anything immediately. Best advice I would give is to wait until the XR is in stores and go check it out in person. You may realize it's not a huge improvement over your 6S, however, I have a feeling you'd love the new phone. The battery life alone makes it a great phone.
I agree. Thank you :)

Reactions: DevinNj
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.