Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Te0SX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Hello, I made a clean install some weeks ago, and since then I am having an issue with the sidebar icons. They don't look as they should. Only the official folders I mean, check:

LvMyB2j.png

Any idea how to fix this? I created a new account and everything looks normal there. That's strange.

Te0SX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Try adding them via Finder preferences instead.

Yes, I forgot to write that I tried everything I knew, inclouding simple things like that, or clean icon cache etc.

Te0SX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Fixed!!! Lol, yeah, strange, I should have thought it earlier!

When I was doing the clean install I chose as Home Folder name "X", but named "x" after all, yeah weirdo_O. And at first, the folder inside looked as general folders and the Home Folder didn't have the Home Icon. So, I changed info from Syst Pref--> Users&Groups --> Ctrl+Click to my account and I changed the Home Directory from "/Users/X" to "/Users/x", restart and... tan tan!:p

But I don't like the lowercase of x and you can't just change the home folder name. So I change the Home Directory to another name ("TV"), made a restart, I logged in with my usual Account and it was like it was a fresh one, but when I went to "/Users" I could see the new Home Folder name and the old one ("x") and because I am the damn admin I could change the name of the old Home Folder name to whatever I want. I did the same thing to change the Home Directory back to X instead of x and made a restart and everything look normal again. I deleted TV folder of course.
P47R7LK.png

wZKFiTV.png

I had some weird little problems sometimes when apps like iCloud couldn't detect my home folder....cause I didn't have one lol:D #thuglife But everything else was running normally. (apps and things). I learned something today. :p

So is SUPER easy to change your Home Folder name! All you have to do is 2 restarts, change 2 times you Home Directory and one time the Home Folder name when you're not run your os in this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.